“Adventure Tourism Information About Places Ya’Gotta Go To!”
Book Adventures, Hostels, Hotels, Cars, Flights, Packages, Tours and Buy Outdoors Gear at our Ya’Gotta Adventure Travel Store
Find Local Business & Tourist Attractions Ya’Gotta Like
This page provides general, safety and conservation information about the black and grizzly bears that inhabit many areas of western Canada.
The main thing to be aware of with bears, as well as other wildlife, is that you are the intruder in their territory!
It’s also important to know how to avoid bear-human conflicts, to protect both people and bears. Travelers can prevent conflicts from occurring by:
- Properly storing food and disposing of garbage
- Never feeding bears, or any wild animal
- Paying attention to bear warnings posted on trails
- Traveling safely in bear country and make noise
- Avoiding bear cubs…They may look cute, but the sow bear may attack you.
- Avoiding dead animals, as it may be food for bears, or other wild animals.
- Being aware of how to avoid bear-human contacts
More information about bears are on the following sites: