- User Agreement By using this website, you signify your consent to and agreement to be bound by these terms, practices and policy.
- Scope This policy applies to the Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion their websites yagotta.ca, related blogs and social media
- Accountability If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy practice on this website please address them in writing to Bob Kenyon, Publisher of Ya’Gotta Communications and Marketing by e-mail at yagottabobatgmaildotcom.(spam protection: replace “at” with “@” and “dot” with “.”). Henceforth this email address will be refereed to as our “General Mailbox”
- Consent Ya’Gotta Communications and Marketing only collects personal information from users if that user voluntarily provides us with such information by subscribing to our e-mail updates, by submitting a question or comment to Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion via e-mail, submitting an event or announcement, submitting an article for publishing, or purchasing advertising on our website. Users are under no obligation to provide us with this information and may access our website without providing any personal information. By volunteering this information users agree to its collection for the purposes stated below.
- Purpose Ya’Gotta Communications and Marketing uses the personal information collected for the purposes of : (a) To provide users with e-mail updates (if requested). (b) Promote outdoors events or activities. (c) Publish freelance articles. (d) Provide advertising for our customers.
- Collection of Information (a) When submitting a comment or question by e-mail to YaGotta.ca’s general mailbox, no personal information is collected. (b) Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion also collects non-personally identifiable information that becomes available as a result of a user’s visit to all parts of the Yagotta.ca and our related blogs and social media. This information includes the following: * The user’s IP address (A number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the website. Our server logs the user’s IP address.)
* The user’s Internet Service Provider (ISP)
* The user’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) country of origin
* The user’s Web browser. (d) Non-personal information about a user’s visiting habits may also be automatically collected through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are computer files that are placed in a user’s hard drive to remember any preferences the user may have when surfing the web. They can also tell us how often particular pages are visited.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure & Retention An individual’s personal information is only used in connection with the purposes identified in paragraph 4 of this policy. Individual information collected by Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion will not be sold or made available to third parties. The retention periods for personal information collected by Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion are as follows: (a) Information collected for the purpose of providing e-mail updates is retained until the user requests to be removed from our subscription list.
(b) Information collected pursuant to the sale of advertising on Ya’Gotta websites is retained as long as required by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency for tax and audit purposes.
(c) Information collected pursuant to submissions to or General Mailbox are retained for up to three years, unless Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion receives a request by the individual to delete the information, in which case the information is deleted immediately.
- Safeguards To ensure the protection of personal information collected by us, Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion and Marketing employs the following physical, organizational and technological security safeguards:
(a) Access is restricted to Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion offices to editors and authorized individuals of Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion only.
(b) Access to the Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion server containing personal information is limited to the Publisher of Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion and is accessed by use of a password.
- Transparency Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion is committed to making readily available to individuals information on our policies and practices.
- Individual Access To review your personal information collected by Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion , please direct your request in writing to Bob Kenyon at or General Mailbox.
- Challenging Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion‘s Compliance If you wish to challenge Ya’Gotta Marketing and Event Promotion‘s compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act please address your concerns in writing to Bob Kenyon at our General Mailbox. If you are not satisfied with our response to your challenge, you may submit a complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner within six months. Appeals from decisions of the Federal Privacy Commissioner may be made to the Federal Court of Canada within 45 days after the Commissioner’s report is sent.
- Legals This website is based on the law of the Province of Alberta, Canada and the laws and regulations in force at the time in that province. In all cases involving a dispute, the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada will apply. Please also read our Disclaimer.