“Adventure Tourism Information About Places Ya’Gotta Go To!”
Flights, Adventures, Cars, Hotels,Trips, Gear and All You Need!
At our Ya’Gotta Adventure Travel Store
Find Local And Regional Business, For Travelers Ya’Gotta Like
Skiing Fortress Mountain
Source: Travel Alberta
Author: Bob Kenyon
During winter in western Canada, travelers will find some of the world’s best downhill skiing in the world in our mountains at:
Most Accessible from * Calgary ** Edmonton
For cross country skiers, the mountains, foothills, boreal forests and prairies have many great trails. There also ski clubs, that organize regular activities.
If you’re properly trained, prepared, planned, equipped and dressed, skiing is an excellent way to explore the back country in winter. Here are some tips for enjoying your skiing experiencing:
- Always be aware of avalanche and changing weather conditions!
- Carry or know how to find clean safe water!
- Let people know where you are going and when you plan to return!
- Have good map and compass skills!
- Use care, or even avoid, crossing frozen bodies of water and glaciers!
- Carry first aide and emergency supplies!
- If you’re not experienced, travel with a guide, or qualified person!
If you enjoyed this activities article, by Ya’Gotta, check out others in the “Activities” section of our site.