“Adventure Tourism Information About Places Ya’Gotta Go To!”
Book Adventures, Hostels, Hotels, Cars, Flights, Packages, Tours and Buy Outdoors Gear at our Ya’Gotta Travel Page
Prince Albert, SK. Powwow
One of the best ways to experience the culture of western Canada’s aboriginal first nations people, is to take in a Powwow. Try some bannock, maybe with a burger (often made with bison)! Should you visit a Powwow, please check to see if are welcome and if you attend a Powwow….Remember it is not a tourist attraction! Powwows are part of aboriginal culture.
As a non-aboriginal, you aren’t allowed to join in the dances, or drumming as they are a competitions. You may be able Powwow around in the circle. As or wait to be invited.
The following is a schedule of aboriginal Powwows and Gatherings in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the northern territories in western Canada (Yukon and the Northwest Territories).
If pow wows aren’t advertised (e.g. website, poster, advertising, social media), Ya’Gotta encourages travelers to confirm details in advance. For your convenience, we have included contact phone numbers, websites and e-mail addresses where possible.
If your band, or nation would like to add or edit the information, for your Powwow, or Gathering, in the schedule please contact us with the details.
- Ben Calf Robe Annual Powwow UofA Butterdome Edmonton, AB (780)477-6648
- Alexander First Nations “KIPOHTAKAW” Powwow, Alexander First Nation, AB.
- Squamish Nation Powwow, West Vancouver, BC. Toll Free: (877)611-7474
- Swan Lake First Nation Competition Powwow Swan Lake, MB. (204)836-2897
- Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation Annual powwow, Alexis, AB.
- White Bear Competition Powwow – White Bear First Nation, SK. (306)577-4950
- One Arrow Annual Traditional Powwow – Batoche, SK.(306)423-5493
- Cold Lake Treaty Days – Cold Lake First Nation, AB. 1-888-222-7183
- Calgary Stampede – Calgary, AB.
- Mission Indian Friendship Centre Powwow – Mission, BC. (604)826-1281
- Kainai Indian Days – Standoff, AB
- Sioux Valley Powwow – Sioux Valley, MB
- Back to Batoche Metis Days – Batoche, SK (306)343-8285
- Potta Trail Days – Riel Beach Campground – Fishing Lake Metis Settlement, AB. (780) 484-3744/(780)943-3483
- Carry The Kettle Powwow – Sintiluta, SK. (306)727-2169
- Anniversary Celebration – Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump East of The Crowsnest Pass, AB. (403)553-2731
- Tsuu T’ina Nation Powwow – Tsuu T’ina, AB. (403)281-4455
- Sturgeon Lake Powwow – Sturgeon Lake First Nation, SK. (306)764-1872
- Annual BC Elders Gathering – Terrace, BC. (877) 314-9820
- Moosehide Gathering – Dawson City, YK. (867)993-5385 Ext. 248
- Lac LaBiche Pow Wow & Fish Derby – Lac LaBiche, AB.
- Beaver Lake Powwow – Beaver Lake First Nation – Lac LaBiche, AB. (780)623-4549
- Squamish Nation Annual Powwow – North Vancouver, BC. (604)986-2120
- Peigan Nation Powwow – Peigan, AB. (403)965-3940
- Touchwood Agency Tribal Council Competition Powwow – Raymore, SK. (306)835-2466
- Annual Kamloopa Powwow – Kamloops, BC (250)374-8196
- Frog Lake Canadian Classic Powwow – Frog Lake First Nation, AB
- Long Plain First Nation Competition Powwow – Portage La Prairie, MB. (204)252 3066
- Annual Norway House Cree Nation Treaty & York Boat Boat Days – Norway House, MB. (204)359-4729
- Driftpile Cree Nation Powwow – Driftpile, AB. (780)355-3868
- Songhees Powwow – Maple Bank Park, BC. (250)385-3938
- First Nation Cup – Osoyoos Indian Band, Osoyoos, BC.Enoch Cree Nation – Annual Competition Powwow – Enoch, AB. (780)470-4505
- Maskwacis Pow Wows – Maskwacis, AB. (The four nations at Maskwakis are: Ermineskin Cree, Samson Cree, Montana First Nations and Louis Bull)
- Muskoday First Nation Powwow – Muskoday First Nation, SK. (306)764-1282
- Siksika Powwow – Siksika First Nation, AB. (403)734-5315
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Competition Powwow – Nelson House, MB. (204)484-2414
- Standing Buffalo Powwow – Ft. Qu’Appelle, SK. (306)332-4685
Find out more about Aboriginal tourism, in western Canada; visit our Ya’Gotta Aboriginal First Nations Adventure Tourism page and for aboriginal arts, crafts and restaurants our Western Canada Aboriginal Network.